Cresselia is a Tier 5 Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon GO and is also a Raid Boss. She is also known as the Lunar Pokémon and can’t evolve. She also doesn’t have a pre-evolved form. Her abilities make her immune to Ground Type attacks and Ground-based entry hazards. As she is a legendary Pokémon, it can be pretty hard to defeat her if one doesn’t know about the right counters that work against her. So in this Pokémon GO guide, we will talk about the best counters against Cresselia and how to defeat her
Cresselia in Pokémon GO
Cresselia is a Psychic type legendary Pokémon and has a max CP of 2857. She is vulnerable to Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type moves. Players can use Darkrai, Tyranitar, and Chandelure against her to name a few as she is vulnerable to quite several Pokémon types. All of these factors make it possible to defeat her even though she is a legendary Raid Boss Pokémon.
The best movesets for Cresselia are Confusion and Future Sight. Both of them have a combined DPS of 67.3. They are best used in Pokémon Gyms and also in PvP battles. They are pretty difficult moves to counter as Cresselia is such a strong Pokémon but players should not get scared and select the best Pokémons in their team to ensure victory against her.
Best counters against Cresselia in Pokémon GO
Here is the list of the best counters one can use against Cresselia and guarantee a win.
- Hydreigon: Bite/Brutal Swing
- Chandelure: Hex/Shadow Ball
- Darkrai: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Gengar: Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Hoopa (Confined): Astonish/Shadow Ball
- Hoopa (Unbound): Astonish/Shadow Ball
- Guratina (Origin): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Weavile: Feint Attack/Foul Play
- Deoxys (Attack): Poison Jab/Dark Pulse
- Yveltal: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Shadow Ball
- Banette: Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Absol: Snarl/Payback
- Escavslier: Bug Bite/Megatron
- Zarude: Bite/Dark Pulse
- Houndoom: Snarl/Foul Play
- Tyranitar: Bite/Crunch
- Honchkrow: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Bisharp: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Yanmega: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Genesect (Burn): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Genesect (Douse): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Genesect(Normal): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
A pretty good team against Cresselia will consist of Mewtwo, Houndoom, and Pinsir as both of them are great choices from the different types of Pokémon she is vulnerable towards which unlock a lot of great options and Counters for the players to raid against Cresselia.
If the players want to get done with the raid even quicker, they can use the Shadow versions of the Pokémon mentioned above for a greater effect against the legendary Pokémon. Another tip players should keep in mind before going into battle is that Cresselia becomes weaker in Fog and Rainy weather will become more powerful in Windy conditions.
What are your thoughts about our article on Cresselia counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and Google News for quick updates.